The rules are basically almost the same as in many european countries, but … „Almost makes a big difference“:) (Especially the jail for speeding)
Road assistance : + 385 1 987
Information : + 385 62 777 777, 0-24 (English, German, Italian).
Police : + 385 1 92
Fire brigade : + 385 1 93
Ambulance : + 385 1 94
Taxi : +385 1 970
If something happened to car, you have a collision is a MUST to call the police. The police will write down the protocol of the accident and vehicle damage. Without this document can be difficult to take the damaged vehicle out from Croatia.
- in the city – 50 km / h
- out of town – 90 km / h, with trailer 80 km / h
- express road – 110 km / h, with trailer 80 km / h
- motorway – 130 km / h, with trailer 80 km / h
The level of alcohol in blood:
The law allows 0.5 ‰ of alcohol in the blood. But it is worth to note that even if you are with less than 0.5 per mille of alcohol and the accident happened – penalties are automatically magnified by only the fact of being under the influence of alcohol. This does not apply to drivers under 24 years old and professional drivers if they are at work, they must be absolutely sober.
And now fines:
- Up to 0.5 per mille of alcohol in the blood – the fine of 700 kn (Subject: Drivers under 24 years old / professional drivers when they are at work / If you had an accident)
- From 0.5 to 1 per mille of alcohol in the blood – a fine from 1000 to 2000 kn
- From 1 to 1.5 per mille of alcohol in the blood – a fine 2000-5000 kn
- More than 1.5 per mille – a fine of 5000-15000 kn or 60 days in the jail
Using a mobile while driving:
Using a mobile without a hands-free kit while driving is prohibited.
Fines for speeding:
- 300 kn – over the speed limit in the range 0-10 km / h
- 500 kn – over the speed limit in the range 10-20 km / h or out of town about 20-30 km / h
- 1000 kn – over the speed limit in the range 20-30 km / h or out of town about 30-50 km / h
- 2000 kn – over the speed limit in the range 30-50 km / h
- 3000-7000 kn – over the speed limit out of town for more than 50km / h
- 5000-15000 kn or 60 days in jail – over the speed limit in the city by more than 50km / h